GALAXY QUEST A New Adventure.
Written by Tony Lee Healey for the fans.

Download

Return to Index
Return to Fan Fiction Page
Return to Fandom Main Page

HEALEYJEDI123@YAHOO.COM

Chapter Five.

Jason made his way up to the command deck followed by both Gwen and Guy. Tommy was busy being given a thorough briefing by Mathesar. Jason felt that he could have done with him at the helm, but then again how hard could it be to enter a course and a speed? He ran his hands along the back of the command chair, and then sat down. It felt the same, even though it was a different ship... He watched Gwen take her familiar position at the communications station, and as Guy sat down next to a bemused Thermian crewman who has busy tampering with a set of jumbled wires and circuit boards. Probably a minor repair, Jason told himself. "Right then. Who's taking the helm?" he asked. Gwen shook her head when he sat staring at her. She raised a finger, "Hey don't you look at me. I translate the computer. I don't fly the frigging ship..." "Hey... hey guy! How about you? You've seen this thing flown before right? Come on..." "I don't do that Jason. Although," he flicked out an arm that became a punch, stepping into a wide fighting stance, "I am a master of the martial arts." Jason frowned at him, and then cocked an eyebrow at Gwen. He couldn't believe it. Tommy was the one who knew all of the buttons and gizmos. Jason didn't know a thing. He got up, straightened the top half of his uniform, and took a seat at the helm. He sat with his hand on the manoeuvring stick for a while before pitting his idea to Gwen that perhaps a little help was needed. "Maybe I should ask the computer for help." He cleared his throat. "computer, can you give me instruction as to how I am supposed to fly this thing?" no response. And then he remembered. Goddamn computer... He'd have to remind himself to have Mathesar set that thing to answer to everyone. A funny thought crossed his mind. What if Gwen had a bad cold? He flew a look at Gwen, who rolled her eyes. "computer, give the commander instructions." Using the thrusters control, accelerate to 25% power. Jason scanned the helm controls. Thrusters Control... thrusters Control... "Gwen where is the thrusters control?" "Computer, where is the thrusters control?" she folded her arms and watched Jason wait for an answer. The Thrusters Control is exactly opposite the main infusion rod controllers. Guy sniggered over in the corner. "Gwen see if you can get Mathesar to send Tommy up here right away." He got up and walked back over to his command chair. "I'm too old for this shit..."

***

 

Next ChapterPrevious Chapter<Back>  Return to Index  <Index>
TO BE CONTINUED

This Page Was Last Updated: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 04:46 PM
"GALAXY QUEST" & ALL RELATED MARKS & MEDIA ARE TM & © 1999 DREAMWORKS SKG. NO OTHER OWNERSHIP IS IMPLIED. THIS SITE IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH ANY ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS MOVIE. ALL OPINIONS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR(S) ALONE